Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A distressed vintage arched window

I have to mention a couple of names which should have been on my last blog post, so a big HI to Deborah in Canada, Lin in Ohio and Ros in the U.K. who also visit my blog. Thanks so much!



When I was in Holland a friend of mine gave me a pack of arched window cards in white. I didn't know what to do with them at first until suddenly the idea of this collage was born. I distressed the arch with vintage photo and weathered wood.



I realised that the lady on this card is the same one as the card I posted on Tuesday. I used the beautiful swirl stamps from Inkadinkado which I received from Suzanne as a RAK - they are really lovely stamps - they don't seem to stain from ink and are very thick which gives a crisp image. I am really very happy with them!



While I was waiting outside with David, my son who gets picked up in a special bus every day for school, I was awestruck when I looked at the mountains. They were covered with a pink reddish glow from the morning sunrise, and it was around 7:45. I had to get it on picture. Click on the photo to see it larger what I often see in my back garden.

17 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, the colors you used are so subtle and soothing. I love the landscape photo. How blessed you are to have such beautiful surroundings! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your arch, completely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ink work on the first card! Love it! And how lucky for you to live in such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That arched window card turned out so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are BEAUTIFUL cards !!! I especially love the first one!
    your picture is gorgeous too; Reminds me one of the Crafty Individual stamp.
    hugs,
    isa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an exceptionally lovely collage on the first card, Jacqueline. Amazing detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are stunning! Love everything about them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning, Jacqueline! Both of your cards are GORGEOUS! I wish you could give me lessons in your collage style, I just can't seem to get it myself. I agree, those swirls on the 2nd one are lovely, will have to go looking for them. And the photo of the sunrise is beautiful, it really touched me this morning. We are having little snowflakes again this morning to add to the maybe 1" already on the ground; temps are in the 20's this morning - BRRRR!!
    Thanks for your uplifting work!
    Hugs, Lin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards... I was wondering about your beautiful arch and what template you used. I love both of the cards and am glad the stamps are working out. The picture of the trees and the sunrise is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Gosh, I've just discovered your blog. I love what you do...it's so stunning. I'm so glad I found you. I will be a regular visitor.

    Hugs Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all I noticed the beautiful cards - I had to look carefully to find the arches in the gorgeous collaging. Then I saw the fabulous sunrise on the mountains and wished I had a view like that!
    And then... read the words. Thank you my friend. You are more than kind.
    Ros x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaawww, a big HI to you too Ms Jacqueline! Love all the beautiful flourishes on your latest creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Je kaartjes zijn schitterend, ik geniet er gewoon van om steeds weer naar je blog te komen kijken.
    Ook de foto vind ik heel mooi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards and a great photo J, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the card....you know how to put them together beautifully, Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!