Thursday, October 15, 2009

Theme Thursday - Winter


For the winter theme at Theme Thursday I chose to make a Christmas tag using a stamp which comes from Sugar Lump Studios, designed by Nancy James.

-------------------------------------------------------------
PEARL OF THE WORD - BROKENNESS


I knew what I had to share this afternoon and when I opened my devotional this morning the Lord confirmed it in my heart... I was in awe!

I was pondering about the 'natural' strength of a man or a woman. Some people seem to be so strong in their bodies, minds and spirits! Other people seem weary and slow, even depressed and fragile! How do we understand what it means when people who live without a reborn spirit seem to have more strength and energy than a reborn child of God?! Have you ever wondered about that??

I remember during my first years of being reborn of God through the Holy Spirit that instead of being more loving and kind, my human nature in all it's rebellion seemed to surface and I really had problems, wanting to be what God said I should be and in reality finding myself doing the opposite!
It seemed that all my natural (soulful) resources were drying up!! Luckily this is a work of the Holy Spirit - He wants us to be broken and dependant so that we draw our resources from Himself!

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Psalm 51:17

I am quoting from my devotional now, which so blessed me this morning:

Quote:
It was when Mary broke her beautiful "alabaster jar of very expensive perfume" (Matt.26:7), destroying its future usefulness and value, that the wonderful fragrance filled the house.
It was not until Jacob's natural strength was broken, when 'his hip was wrenched" (Gen.32:25) at Peniel, that he came to the point where God could clothe him with spiritual power.
It was once Jesus took "the five loaves.. and broke them" (Luke 9:16) that the bread was multiplied to feed the five thousand.
It is not until a beautiful kernel of corn is buried and broken in the earth by death that its inner heart sprouts, producing hundreds of other seeds or kernels.
Unquote

I am very attracted to brokenness in people - I desire to be that for God with my whole heart because it brings Him glory when we are broken in our wills, our ambitions, ideals, desires...so many other things... as it is written in Isa.33:23 "The lame will carry off plunder".

14 comments:

  1. WOW Jacqueline your tag is so lovely.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag - Love that stam you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful christmas tag! Adorable work, Jacqueline!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect Christmas tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Pearl today blessed my heart...as you know brokenness has been a theme in my devotions lately too. Thank you for sharing this message!
    Your tag is also a blessing with it's traditional Christmas style,it reminds me of decorations from my childhood....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tag! So rustic and pretty! The pearl gave me a thought to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...gorgeous Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your gorgeous Christmas tag, Jacqueline! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blogpost on this monday morning:) and your tag is so beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!