Saturday, March 3, 2012

Still in the wine label cards

Hello friends. I was wondering whether I have blog readers who are in the same situation as me - something definitive has happened and your future is not as sure as it was. I am talking about the fact that I had breast cancer and that changes your life! I am also talking to those who have put their lives into the Hands of God and have chosen to follow Him through Jesus Christ because I wanted to share about not giving up on that hope that God is always GOOD!We can't fathom His Thoughts or Ways out but His Character is Love and loving kindness! Never let the devil sow doubt in your mind about God's character or His Word. Stand firm on His Promises, you know the Rhema words that He has spoken deep into your spirit and stay attached to Him. The Bible says that if we abide in Him, He abides in us. We, as a family want to make an impact in our region, in our Church. We can only bear fruit if we abide in the Vine, in Jesus, because without Him nothing of lasting impact is achieved.


 I have been busy making cards for the Mission in our Church, I'm sharing a couple here - with wine labels. These were found in the bin by my son who was working in a 'Cave' with his boss. They are such great little canvasses to work with, the quality of the paper is exceptional and reacts especially well with distress inks.
The above card is stamped with an image from Artistic Outpost - never use that stamp but it looks so effective now.


This card uses a Hydrangea image from Inkadinkado, which I bought once when I was in America and still love it.


And this card using an image from Darkroom Doors. No Hero Arts Stamps this time :) but they are still my favorite.


Now for a little tip about what you can do when you barbecue. If you have bushes of Rosemary in the garden, just put three or four branches on the coals, under the grill, to flavor your meat! I saw this on one of Jamie Oliver's programmes. The above picture is Rosemary from my garden. I am discovering this herb as never before and use it a lot in the kitchen!

23 comments:

  1. Wieder so wunderschöne feine Karten.
    Chapeau!

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those labels sing in your creations! Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful! Lovely words of wisdom as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them all! Just finished my first label card- will show it tomorrow!
    Good luck and nice weekend Elma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great creations! THose labels are indeed such a great canvas. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! You've covered it all in this post, Jacqueline, from gorgeous artwork to cooking tips -- but most importantly where out hope should lie. I appreciate your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love when I can see your beautiful work! The wine labels are a masterpiece! And since we have a snowstorm sitting on the mountains, the blooming rosemary gives me hope for spring and the scent of the bbq!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto to the post above me, Jacqueline......because of my faith I KNOW what my future is, if not on earth, surely in Heaven!

    I love your wine-label cards - you have started a new trend! The second blue one is my fave today......

    ReplyDelete
  8. All are such lovely creations Jacqueline, those wine labels are a terrific find! Don't you just love cooking with fresh herbs, no salt needed! Have a great weekend, Ira

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are so beautiful. It just goes to show what we can find to use in our creativity, if our minds are open and we are aware! We also need to keep our minds open and be aware in our relationship to God! That being said, I think you are really the best at doing this in your creativity and in your relationship with God. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have turned those wine labels into works of art! And I am so priviledged to be the recipient of card No. 3! Thank you Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful labels turned into GORGEOUS cards--loved your post, too--God's love is abundant . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are absolutely beautiful, creative and very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jacqueline, your blog is like "one-stop shppping!" Inspiration, spiritual food, atristic beauty, and even cooking tips! I agree, God's love is endless...He knows our hearts, our minds, our words before we even speak them; there is no place we can hide from His endless love. How comforting to remember, even in our scariest, darkest moments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got my little packet of wine labels today, so happy you've shared so much lovely inspiration! Thank you my friend, the card you sent is a beauty too!
    I took your words of faith to heart, they were perfectly timed for my situation. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wunderschöne karten, liebe jaqueline...
    liebe grüsse zum sonntag
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you´ve been busy. I adore your cards and love the way you inked the stamps.

    I have not used my wine labels. I am such a slow starter with anything new.

    Have a nice sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never had anything happen to me that has ever made me question my faith. And a pray I never do! I do hope it only makes me move closer to him!!

    I just love your cards.. They look so beautiful.

    And I just received my package yesterday in the mail.. The card you made is so beautiful and I can't wait to use those wine labels.. Thanks you so much..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jacqueline, more lovely cards from you, you have done amazing things with those labels !
    I so admire your faith, I have my very last (5 year) check for breast cancer this week and I thank God I have survived so far.
    You are so right in that it gives you a different outlook on life !

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jacqueline, more lovely cards from you, you have done amazing things with those labels !
    I so admire your faith, I have my very last (5 year) check for breast cancer this week and I thank God I have survived so far.
    You are so right in that it gives you a different outlook on life !

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  20. These wine labels are wonderful to use as a base for your cards. Stamped on top of it it looks like they were meant for each other. And the result is breathtaking.
    Yes we have to trust and keep faith; but I can imagine it must be hard sometimes. That's why I am impressed by your strength and positive attitude. You are an example.
    And Rosemary; one of my faves to use in the kitchen; they are also lovely with roasted potatoes. Put chopped potatoes ( pieces of 5x5 cm) in the oven and sprinkle some olive oil and some rosemary. In the oven at 200 degrees Celsisus for about 45 minutes. You can cook them shortly for about 5 minutes before you put them in the oven. Just stir after 20 minutes for an equal roast ( how do you say that in English..) The taste is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its amazing how God brings us through all kinds of trials with such love and grace! Obviously you are the stronger for it! Love those wine labels. Love using rosemary of the BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jacqualine, I love these cards. Can you tell me more how you made them? Can you tell me how you got the color affect on the hydrangea?
    How do I get wine labels?
    KarenH
    JokareGS@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!